Year after year, our family business specializing in car rentals in the Magdalen Islands offers the largest fleet in the archipelago, with around a hundred recent vehicles 12 months a year, as well as around thirty second-hand cars (less than 10 years) from June 1 to September 30 of each year in its new division.
A wide variety of car models is therefore available for any rental duration in the Magdalen Islands, depending on your different needs and budgets.
Recent Model Car Rental
Second-Hand Car Rental
You can book online up to 48 hours before pick-up. For last minute reservations, please contact us by telephone at 1 888 818-4537.
3 Service Centres to Collect Your Rental Vehicle
Whether your arrival is by a commercial airline, a private flight, a pleasure craft or the CTMA ferry, we will welcome you at one of our 3 service centres:
- inside the Îles de la Madeleine airport, in Havre-aux-Maisons;
- on the central island of Cap-aux-Meules, less than 1 kilometre from the port;
- on the lot outside of the airport for second-hand rental cars.
For your next vacation, for a business trip or for a replacement car, rest assured that the Agence de location des îles will exceed your expectations by offering you fast, courteous and professional service as well as reliable and safe vehicles.
Car Rental Conditions in the Magdalen Islands
Please read the following rental conditions. We will also give you upon your arrival a rental contract and an instruction sheet to sign. Please note that we cannot make any exceptions under any circumstances. The detailed version is available here.
- Making a new reservation will therefore be conditional on a deposit of 30% of the total amount of the reservation for tourist customers at the time of booking and non-refundable at any time. The balance will be payable upon delivery of the vehicle. In the event of cancellation within 14 days of your reservation lasting 3 to 7 days, a penalty of one day’s rental will be applicable in addition to the security deposit already taken. For stays longer than a week, there will be a penalty of two days rental, as well as the security deposit.
- No transfer of reservation can be made to another name.
All drivers must be aged 21 and over for all rental categories and hold a valid license.
The driver must have a valid credit card in their name to rent a car. Certain exceptions may apply in the case of commercial account billings or insurance replacements.
- Insurance is required for car rentals in Canada. You must have coverage including clause FAQ27 with your auto insurance OR collision insurance with a credit card. Otherwise, you can obtain this insurance from a member of our team for an additional fee.
- A full tank of gas is required before delivery, otherwise a charge of $3.25 per missing liter will be added to the rental bill.
- All our vehicles are non-smoking. A penalty of $700 is applicable for any odour or trace of smoke.
- Our vehicles are free of animals, unless otherwise authorized by management. Cleaning fees plus a penalty will apply.
- Any excessive dirt (excess sand, soil, spilled liquids, etc.) will be charged from $75.
- The transport of bicycles is prohibited, in or on the vehicle, even with the installation of bicycle racks on the bumpers.
- Kite equipment (board, sail or other) is also prohibited, unless otherwise agreed with management.
- Off-road traffic is strictly prohibited, particularly on beaches, dunes, mountain bike trails and hills. No deviations will be tolerated and the vehicle will be removed immediately in addition to related fees that will be charged. A fine of $2000 is applicable in the event of non-compliance in addition to towing, cleaning and restarting costs.
- In the event of cancellation of commercial flights, we ask that you notify us as soon as possible, whether for complete cancellation or rescheduling, at any time during the year.
- Even in the event of a delayed return flight, the vehicle must be returned at the agreed time, otherwise a notable penalty will be payable. If there is availability, without guarantee, we may extend the contract for a fee.
- In the event of a flat tire, we offer you free roadside assistance since our agency also has an on-site towing service. If the tire is repairable and no damage has been caused to the hubcaps, no costs will be charged to the renter.
For all booking conditions, see our reservation and cancellation policy. When booking online, you automatically confirm that you have read this document and agree to these conditions.
Our team looks forward to welcoming you!
Contact us now for any questions as well as to find out our rates and availability.
- Telephone: 418 986-6565
Toll free: 1 888 818-4537